Mark Banner's thoughts on Thunderbird, Mozilla, Bellringing and more.

Archive for the ‘SeaMonkey’ Category

Thunderbird try-server can now apply and test patches against mozilla-central (and others!)

Tuesday, December 7th, 2010 Posted in Mozilla, SeaMonkey, Thunderbird | 1 Comment »

We've recently made some changes to the Thunderbird try server so that now we're able to push comm-central and mozilla-central patches and have them tested against Thunderbird. This means that we can test proposed patches against mozilla-central on all our supported ...

comm-central now pulls LDAP c-sdk from Mercurial

Wednesday, December 1st, 2010 Posted in Mozilla, SeaMonkey, Thunderbird | 1 Comment »

I'm a couple of weeks late with this post, but I've finally got around to it and here it is. We recently changed comm-central to pull the LDAP c-sdk from Mercurial rather than CVS. This followed the transition of the LDAP ...

Windows trunk nightly updates broken

Tuesday, October 5th, 2010 Posted in Firefox, Mozilla, SeaMonkey, Thunderbird | 2 Comments »

The update code that drives the automatic updates was changed at the end of last week, and unfortunately this broke the update mechanism on Windows. If you downloaded a trunk nightly build on Saturday or Sunday, then you may be affected. ...

Thunderbird and SeaMonkey builds switched to libxul-style builds

Monday, September 27th, 2010 Posted in Mozilla, SeaMonkey, Thunderbird | 3 Comments »

Last week was a busy week on build config for me - we've landed the patches to make Thunderbird and SeaMonkey build "libxul" style by default (we used to build most of the files into one static executable). The big advantage ...

Notificiations added to Tinderstatus

Wednesday, September 1st, 2010 Posted in Firefox, Mozilla, SeaMonkey, Thunderbird | 1 Comment »

Tinderstatus 0.4 can notify you when a tree state changes, or even particular builds on a tree change state or stay broken: I find this especially useful if I'm tree watching, as tinderstatus does the watching for you - you no ...

comm-central has branched!

Thursday, October 22nd, 2009 Posted in Mozilla, SeaMonkey, Thunderbird | 6 Comments »

Further to my previous post, we've now branched comm-central. There are now two repositories for the comm-central applications: comm-central: The trunk repository containing source code for Thunderbird 3.next, SeaMonkey 2.next and Lightning 1.next. comm-1.9.1: The stable branch repository, based on Gecko 1.9.1, ...

comm-central branch date set

Thursday, October 15th, 2009 Posted in Mozilla, SeaMonkey, Thunderbird | Comments Off

We've now set a date of Thursday 22nd October for branching comm-central. This will create a releases/comm-1.9.1 repository that will become the stable branch for Thunderbird 3, SeaMonkey 2 and Sunbird/Lightning 1.0. Bug 522211 is tracking the work on setting up ...

New Address Book Documentation

Monday, June 1st, 2009 Posted in Mozilla, SeaMonkey, Thunderbird | Comments Off

Some of you may have already seen this on Jen's documentation blog. For the last couple of weeks I have been finding the odd few minutes here and there to write some documentation on the address book interfaces and examples ...

Dropping in-tree support for the Palm Synchronisation Extension

Tuesday, May 26th, 2009 Posted in Mozilla, SeaMonkey, Thunderbird | 2 Comments »

The comm-central tree currently includes an extension that is known as Palm Sync and provides address book synchronisation support with Palm devices. The extension was shipped with SeaMonkey 1.1 and there was a version posted on addons.mozilla.org for Thunderbird 2 ...

Recent changes in comm-central’s test mechanisms

Thursday, May 7th, 2009 Posted in Mozilla, SeaMonkey, Thunderbird | Comments Off

There's been a few changes around comm-central's automated testing recently that I've been meaning to post about. The most important changes to note are: make check now only runs the compiled-code unit tests (we only have two of these in mailnews). make xpcshell-tests ...